Monday, January 12, 2009

CES 2009

First, I want to thank all of you for taking the time to give me such valuable feedback for the blog.

Now, I will deviate a bit from what I usually write to report what I thought was notable at the CES show in Las Vegas last week.

In general, there were many products for consumers to view video on the internet. There were many devices that connected directly to the internet and offered direct access to yahoo! or YouTube videos. The internet is really making its way into the living room with monitors that are networkable as well as very inexpensive network appliances (under $200) that let you view videos on the internet using a simple remote control.

Monitor resolutions, contrast and size have greatly improved. I saw some 4K monitors that looked fantastic, but for which there is no content for. High Definition, solid state drive video cameras are now the norm from every manufacturer. Many of the cameras use the AVCHD codec.

The definite trend is that video on-demand and on the internet will be the norm for years to come.

Next post I will try cover some key concepts for resizing videos and how it affects quality.

No comments: